6/9/10

Emergency Chocolate Cake


Ever have one of those days where you're like, "I NEED CHOCOLATE CAKE, IMMEDIATELY" but you can't bake an entire cake because you don't want an entire cake, you just want one piece? Well, darling, I have just the solution for you. I almost feel guilty sharing this recipe because it makes it a little too easy to have fluffy, rich, warm chocolate cake anytime you want (and in a conveniently sized single serving!). Just promise not to get mad at me when you end up eating chocolate cake every night because it takes about three minutes from when the craving hits to the moment the first bite hits your tastebuds. You have been warned.

I am actually eating this right now. Indulgently. Guiltily. With a scoop of peanut butter on top (highly recommended addition).

Emergency Chocolate Cake

2 Tbs cake flour (or regular...)
2 Tbs sugar
2 rounded tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
2 Tbs milk
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp vanilla


Coat the inside of a mug with nonstick cooking spray. Put all ingredients in mug and stir with a fork until smooth. You can also stir in chocolate chips, nuts or anything else your heart desires. Microwave for 1 minute. Allow to cool a little before eating! If you're feeling crazy you could top it with a spoonful of peanut butter (which melts delectably on the warm cake) or maybe some ice cream. The possibilities are endless, really.

Recipe from friend Casey. I'll get you for this, Casey. ;)

24 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so going to try this!!
    www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Angie. What have you done?!?!? Yep, I'm definitely going to be making this. Probably every day. Not good! But it looks oh so good... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to make this.... right now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Angie....Seriously? I would make this right now if I didn't have 1/2 a triple layer triple chocolate cake in my refrigerator... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to try this! I got a similar recipe from Jean Anderson's blog a couple of years ago, but I am curious about this different version. The peanut butter sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Heck. Your blog is amazing. Everything looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, there goes my diet! LOVE this recipe and all the other ones you share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, we discovered this little treat a little while ago and you're right; it's TOO easy. PB makes everything better, I can't believe I haven't done that yet! Probably because I already ate it straight from the jar on a spoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We tried it yesterday. It is very good but we found the cake a bit dry. Any suggestions for how to counter that?

    A deliciously dangerous option, though. If we got it moister, it would be unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should never have seen this recipe. I tried it. Twice. Then I made it for my brother and sister and ate some more. Now I want it for breakfast. This is very, very bad....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, I've never had a problem with the cake turning out overly dry, it's usually pretty moist. I mean, for a microwaved cake it's surprisingly moist. Maybe do heaping teaspoons of oil so there's more moisture? But I usually make sure to measure ingredients precisely because with such small amounts a little extra or less of something can make a big difference. I level off my tablespoons of flour with a butter knife to make sure I don't put too much, etc. Hopefully that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i did this today with chocolate chips. i also got an unwelcomed monthly visitor today as well. needless to say, this recipe saved me. :) thank you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. just popped over to your blog for the first time yesterday. LOVE, love it. This looks perfect for a chocolate fix. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect, I love making little things like cobblers in small ramekins!

    If it's too dry, a little ice cream on top should do the trick =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. everything you do looks delicious! definately glad that i discovered your blog :) will be checking in for recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just made this....Amazing!!!! I curse and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have chocolate peanut butter. Do you think that will be a good addition? I am thinking it will!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh yes! Chocolate PB sounds amazing. It's funny you commented on this when you did, we just made this last night for the first time in a couple months! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am making this immediately! also, just read your 'this is not a pity party post' which i found from abbie who i found from bloom. anyway, love that evening blog surfing and glad that tonight i came up with a real blogger with real things to say. keep doing what you're doing. i'm probably going to steal a lot of your recipes i can tell already.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finally started my official lose the extra pregnancy weight last week. i was dying this afternoon for something sweet so i made this. yikes! so much for my diet today. I even made a tiny portion of chocolate frosting to go on top. sooo good.
    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice post...i m goving to make this .......thanks for sharing.
    Dentistry London

    ReplyDelete