9/21/10

Homemade Chili


In front of my grocery store there are giant crates of apples and pumpkins from local farms. Yesterday I got chilly and bundled up in a sweatshirt and thick socks. I bought a pair of boots. Fall is here! I love it. Since tomorrow is officially the first day of Fall, this seemed like the perfect time to make a pot of homemade chili and some cornbread. It was easy and delicious!

Homemade Chili

2 tsp oil
1 clove garlic, minced (buy jarred minced garlic)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
1 Tbs chili powder
salt and pepper to taste


Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and sautee until onion is clear and tender. Add ground beef and brown. Pour in the rest of the ingredients and stir to mix. Heat on low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.

Recipe adapted from several recipes on Allrecipes.com.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm jealous of your fall weather. I want to make chili! It's still really hot here. We had some cool weather about a week ago, but I guess it was just a tease. Bummer. This looks great! And I love cornbread. I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to stop blog stalking at night. Your's is on my list of stops and I should just skip this one and go straight to THOSE HARDINGS. Glad you found some boots, I'm off for a midnight snack now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I starred this. I am making it FOR SURE.

    ReplyDelete