8/20/10

Fried Rice


This recipe was born out a necessity to make a meal out of frozen pot stickers from Costco. I feel like a bad wife if all we have for dinner is pot stickers and dipping sauce (although I won't lie and tell you that's never happened). We had leftover rice in the fridge, which is just what you need to make fried rice. Leftover, slightly dried-out rice is best for frying. The result turned out delicious!

Fried Rice

2 eggs
1 Tbs olive oil
1 cup day-old cooked rice
1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
2 slices deli ham, diced
2-3 Tbs Mr. Yoshidas sauce (I buy it at Costco)
1 Tbs soy sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste


Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and scramble eggs. Remove scrambled eggs and increase heat to medium-high. Heat oil and add rice. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring frequently to fry rice. Add eggs and the rest of the ingredients back to skillet. Continue stirring to heat through. Add sauce and seasonings as needed. If you don't have Mr. Yoshida's, I'm sure soy sauce mixed with maybe a bit of brown sugar would be good. I do love my Yoshida's, though.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and I actually have all those things in my fridge right now. A miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOoookay. LOVElove that you posted this, AGH! You're so wonderful. Thanks for the wonderful little recipe to one of my favourite side dishes! Can't wait to make this back down at school in a couple weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! this is just like my mom's fried rice recipe. love it!! i like adding little bits of whatever veggies are in my fridge as well, like tiny diced up bits of broccoli and/or mushrooms.

    i can tell your blog and i are going to be great friends... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i made this the other night with some variations of what we had in the cupboard, and it was delicious! i like your cooking blog.

    ReplyDelete