6/15/09

Scotcheroos

I'm not going to lie to you. I am slightly obsessed with these. They present a problem because they are so easy to make and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Way too accessible. But I shall refrain from making them three times a week. Maybe just a quarter-batch, once a week...?

Scotcheroos

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies or Special K cereal
1 cup semi-sweet {or milk} chocolate morsels
1 cup butterscotch chips

Place corn syrup and sugar into large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 80-90 seconds (don't overheat), remove from microwave and stir. Stir in peanut butter till it melts. Add cereal, stir until well coated. Put mixture in 13x9-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in microwave by heating 30 seconds and stirring till melted. It will melt eventually, do not over microwave chocolate or it will dry out and clump. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm, or eat when warm, gooey and delicious. Makes 24 bars.

Recipe via Allrecipes.com.

1 comment:

  1. My sister makes these all the time and we are so addicted! I totally hear you on this one. I love your recipe blog! So cute! ;-)

    ReplyDelete