5/4/09

Grilled Cheese with Pesto


Here's something you can do with that extra romano cheese and prepared pesto you bought from Costco when you made the Creamy Chicken Pesto. (You made it, right?) And heck you can use more of the romano for Stuffed Peppers! This sandwich tastes more gourmet than a regular old grilled cheese. Romano has this intense, sharper flavor. You don't have to use very much of it to get a nice kick.

2 slices whole wheat bread
romano cheese, thinly sliced
mozzarella (I used shredded, on hand from making pizza)
prepared pesto
butter

Easy, easy, easy. This isn't really a recipe. Put cheese and pesto between bread, butter outsides and grill. I wasn't planning on posting this until I was a couple bites in (note the picture) and realized, "Oh my gosh, this is DELICIOUS!" If you have the ingredients hanging around, you should definitely make this. I am so happy I discovered romano cheese. It's fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment