5/4/09

Sweet Onion Green Chile Chicken Quesadillas

Klane had to work late tonight. This was ready in 30 minutes, which was perfect! It reminded me of a sweet onion something I've had at Bajio before.



1 tbs olive oil
salt, pepper and dash sugar to taste
1 onion, sliced
1 4 oz can diced green chiles
8 flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
shredded colby jack cheese
lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream, salsa, etc

Heat olive oil over med-high heat, saute onions with salt, pepper and sugar till onions are browned and caramelized. Add chiles as desired (you may not want to use the whole can), then add chicken and heat through. Put chicken mixture and cheese between two tortillas and cook over medium heat till cheese is melted, flipping so both sides are slightly browned. Top with toppings and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I am happy that you have made this blog. Now it will be easy for me to find all your yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made a food blog too, i love finding new recipes! I'll add you to my list of food blogs on my blog.

    ReplyDelete